Sunday, August 3, 2008

30

My birthday's not for another week or so, but in honor of my 30th, Cousin Jeff threw me an awesome 70s-themed bash today, complete with Charlie's Angels on the tube, ABBA blaring out of the speakers, fondue and macrame. What more could a girl want, right?

Many of my family members dressed up in their own (yes, even my mom still had some old plaid maternity pants) or newly-purchased garb from Salvation Army. I went as my mom -- I had a T-shirt made to look just like one she wore to a picnic just before I was born. She had really short hair in 1978, so I just pulled mine back. Someday, perhaps when we unpack our belongings at our new house in a couple of weeks, I will find the photos from that picnic way back when and can do a side by side comparison.

In the meantime, here are a few shots of my whacky fam, in all their glory. While everyone contributed something, Cousin Jeff was really the genius behind it all -- he's the one in yellow.




















1 comment:

Janet A. said...

Great photos Kirsten!! We loved the party and really enjoyed the 70's experience - it brought back some (mostly) great memories of a crazy time :-) I hope you can put all of your photos on a CD so I can copy them. I didn't get too many as my camera battery was too low and I can't open Maggie's photo shows on my computer for some reason :-( Hannah has a new best friend in Claire! See you soon at the shower!