Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dear Kathy...

Hey, Kathy! How’s it going?

I just wanted to pass on some of the calls I’ve gotten for you since I acquired your old phone number two weeks ago.

You are popular! Geez, woman, I didn’t have my new 248 number for three minutes before the calls started coming! That first day I got about 10. I only wish I was that popular!

I’m really sorry to hear about your debt problems. Times are tight, especially in Michigan. We’re all feeling the pinch for sure! You should probably stop giving people this number though, because it’s mine now – after all, you’re going to have to pick out a new one when you get your phone turned back on. I just thought I should point that out because I got a call last week from a woman up north who said she had just met with you an hour earlier and you had given her your old number. My number.

That one was nice because it was an actual human being. So was the woman at Business Solutions 101 calling on a reference check -- she sure seemed nice.

But some of the other calls haven't been so nice. Mann Bracken Attorneys at Law called every day for the first week, and Miss Greentree debt collection called five or six times a day. It was no surprise to learn they've been investigated for their debt collection tactics and badgering. Lucky for you, I’ve been the one who's had to deal with them!

I can’t recall too many of the others. The automated ones always are exciting though because the funny computery voice says your name differently every time. Sometimes it’s really clear – Kathy A. Brock. Other times the computer voice screws it up and it comes out “Kathia Brock.” It cracks me right up!

Oh, one of your girlfriends called too. I didn’t catch her name because I was in a 9 A.M. MEETING at the time. I don't think she was at work -- sounds like she was just getting in from the club! I won't even explain, I'll just play you the message:

iwontevenexplain

Did you get all that?

Anyway, the calls are down to a manageable two a day now. It seems all of that sitting through automated prompts until I reach a human to tell them it’s not your number anymore actually worked. The waits are usually only about five minutes and it’s worth it to help you out. It’s so funny – they always ask who I am and if I can help them get in touch with you. I tell them that I don’t actually know you – but I’m starting to feel like I do!

I hope this helps. Good luck, Kathy, and take care. If you're ever in town, give me a ring -- you know my number!

Kirsten

P.S. Danielle texted you this morning -- it's her birthday and she hopes you'll come out to "bdubs" tonight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is some funny shit Buys.

Iwonevenxplain.