Friday, March 14, 2008

Farewell tour continues

The tour hasn't slowed down for one second since my final arrival back in Chicago. My last entry into the city as a resident. Yesterday I found myself at a nice lunch at the Erie Cafe, inundated with red wine, desserts, kind words and final farewells.



There was plenty of teasing, of course, my Chicago co-workers getting in all their last jabs at my not eating meat, moving to Detroit and being so foolish as to be in love. Now I sit and finish up the gutting of my windowless office. My first office ever. That I've occupied for four years. In a few minutes I'll hand in my keys, say my good-byes and begin the craziest week of all time.

Jennifer will be here tonight to help in the packing (whether she likes it or not) and the farewell tour festivities, which should help in my struggle to remain calm. I feel like I've been talking about and thinking about this day for so long. I can't believe it's here. This is really happening. Let the games begin!

No comments: