Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Let me fill you in on a little secret...

Daniel and I each have discussed posting a blog about this for months, or maybe even a year. But a new Kia (I think) commercial is compelling me finally to do it once and for all.

The point of the commercial is that gas mileage is so good on this new Kia model, that you will have to go to the gas station so rarely that you will forget what side your tank is on.

This goes on for a good couple of minutes, various Kia models in all colors having to navigate around gas pumps because they just haven't been there in so darn long.

Let me let you in on a little secret. When I got my new company car last year, I mentioned the fact that I would have to get used to driving up to gas pumps on the other side, when my boss said, "Well, just look at the arrow."

Um, what's that now?

The next time you get in your car, look at the gas gauge. There will be a picture of a gas pump with an arrow pointing either to the left or the right. Whichever way it's pointing -- that's the side your gas tank is on.

Pay it forward. Spread the word. And nice try, Kia.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

On the case Buyza. The world needs more selfless consumer watchdogs like you.